In honor of the 9th annual Global Accessibility Awareness Day, below are 11 activities you can do to pause and think about accessibility, inclusion, and exclusion. My hope is to share something for everyone so, these activities range from only 10 seconds up to roughly 120 pages. I hope you enjoy!
- (10 seconds) Follow @A11yNews on Twitter
- (1 min.) View an inclusive design comic
- (1 min.) View “What is Web Accessibility?” Infographic (W3.org)
- (2 min.) View “Web Accessibility for Designers” infographic (Webaim)
- (5 min.) Read an article on “5 Ways Inclusion Fuels Innovation”
- (10 min.) Read an inclusive design article on Adobe’s blog
- (8 min.) Watch TED talk by August De Los Reyes (Design @MS/Pinterest)
- (20 min.) Watch an episode of Planes, Trains, and Canes (by Dr. Mankara)
- (55 min.) Listen to a podcast interview by a design leader @Adobe
- (1hr 23min.) Listen to a podcast interview with Kat Holmes (Design @Google/Microsoft/Salesforce)
- (~100 pages) Check out my #1 book suggestion to expand your perspective of inclusion and disability.
Got any related resources I should check out myself? Thanks for reading 🙏